With my best friend going living through depression i wanted to do more research so i know how to help and when its time to let a Rehabilitation Center to step in:
"Approximately 18.8 million American adults, or about 9.5 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year, have a depressive disorder.
Nearly twice as many women (12.0 percent) as men (6.6 percent) are affected by a depressive disorder each year. These figures translate to 12.4 million women and 6.4 million men in the U.S.
Women between the ages of 25-44 are most often affected by depression with a major cause of depression in women being the inability to express or handle Anger.
Depression affects all people regardless of age, geographic location, demographic or social position.
Depressive disorders are appearing earlier in life with the average age of onset 50 years ago being 29 whereas recent statistics indicate it at just 14.5yrs in today's society.
Depressive disorders often co-occur with anxiety disorders and substance abuse." Article provided by depressionperception.com
Most Common Symptoms:
* Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. A bleak outlook—nothing will ever get better and there’s nothing you can do to improve your situation.
* Loss of interest in daily activities. No interest in former hobbies, pastimes, social activities, or sex. You’ve lost your ability to feel joy and pleasure.
* Appetite or weight changes. Significant weight loss or weight gain—a change of more than 5% of body weight in a month.
* Sleep changes. Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping (also known as hypersomnia).
* Irritability or restlessness. Feeling agitated, restless, or on edge. Your tolerance level is low; everything and everyone gets on your nerves.
* Loss of energy. Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained. Your whole body may feel heavy, and even small tasks are exhausting or take longer to complete.
* Self-loathing. Strong feelings of worthlessness or guilt. You harshly criticize yourself for perceived faults and mistakes.
* Concentration problems. Trouble focusing, making decisions, or remembering things.
* Unexplained aches and pains. An increase in physical complaints such as headaches, back pain, aching muscles, and stomach pain. This Article was provided by SelfGuide.org
After reading the symptoms i knew my friend was sick and needed help. I researched many rehabs that would fit her needs. Then i found it Sunset Malibu. I used the following information as this is why i chose to send my friend to this rehab:
"Sunset Malibu is a fully equipped residential alcohol rehab and drug treatment center located in Malibu with magnificent 180 degree whitewater ocean views just outside the sunny confines of Los Angeles, California. Our facility is one of the most prestigious drug rehab centers in the country specializing in alcohol detox, substance abuse treatment, painkiller addiction treatment, and the treatment of co-occuring disorders such as depression and eating disorders.
Sunset Malibu is a highly acclaimed top notch treatment center where individuals and families seeking refuge from the pain of alcoholism or drug abuse can find sanctuary. Our addiction recovery program is set in a beautiful, private location that offers the highest quality amenities and comforts. Our addiction treatment philosophy is one that incorporates a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional methods utilizing the talents of the best practitioners in the world." Information provided by Sunset Malibu.